- BUY / SELL
- Real Estate
- Global Hubs
- Immobillium network
The property consists of several buildings for a total of 3914 square meters , interior square meter 2395 and 1519 square meter on terraces, and about 25 hectares of park, olive groves and Mediterranean forest.
The property was built throughout different eras. The central building dates back to 1500 and has been restored and is embellished with frescoes and typical rural features of the local farmhouses.
The rest of the property dates back to the early 1900s and requires renovation.
Inside there is also a consecrated church that dates to 1125, which houses one of the oldest frescoes in Puglia.
The land is divided between woods, Mediterranean scrub, and a private garden adjacent to the building complex.
Inside the private garden is an atmosphere steeped in charm and history: a small octagonal-shaped square with eight stone carved seats at the foot of the eight columns in local tuffstone.
Set on the columns were the coats of arms of the eight most important and ancient noble families of the entire Salento region. Fortunately, some are still intact and visible.
This, in fact, was the place where the ancient Salento nobles met to decide on various topics related to property, prices, wages, and everything else that was under their control.
Undoubtedly, this underscores to what extent “Masseria dell ‘Alto” has always been considered the most important place in all of Salento.
Puglia’s international recognitional is growing fast. In addition to being proclaimed by the international magazine National Geographic as the “Most beautiful regional in the world”, it had another great recognition: being listed as one of the must visit places in the world by the U.S. paper, The New York Times.